When founders are scaling ventures, they hire expert talent to fulfil specific roles and duties. Maintaining that original startup energy and focus gets increasingly difficult as the business grows.
NEF+ will simulate a founder’s experience. We provide participants with a deep understanding of what it takes to run an early venture and apply critical thinking to growth challenges.
We enable participants to take a step back from day-to-day operations and look at the bigger picture and opportunities.
NEF+ for scaleups enables you as a founder, to have confidence in your future leaders, accelerating both their personal development and your business growth.
- develop the critical thinking necessary to approach core challenges. This can help expand your business units and create new opportunities within your scaleup.
- cover a vast range of core business functions to develop an ‘operator mindset’ (how they process information, carry out tasks and interact as part of a team)
- explore and apply best practices & frameworks that will enable them to develop their tools and knowledge
- feel part of a supportive and inspiring community. We provide tactical support that including mentors, coaches and programme alumni
Our programme’s condensed nature provides rapid development while remaining an efficient time investment. We focus on real business goals, problem-solving and innovation so that you can get the best out of your talented employees.
learning programme – key details
Our programme runs for six-monthly cycles, comprising workshops and project reviews. The total time commitment required from you is 15 working days for formal learning. Participants will commit extra-curricular hours working on your programme challenges, projects and getting coaching and mentor support.
Each cycle utilises a consistent and proven learning and development process, consisting of:
- Masterclasses – delivered by leading experts to transfer knowledge to you in a formal learning environment
- Project application – apply your new knowledge and skills to your business or growth project, to accelerate impact
- Peer-to-peer development – to problem solve in a group setting and challenge ideas and work together to expand possible outcomes
Our framework of resources provides support along the way, including:
- Playbooks – online resources based on learnings and skillsets that you can apply to different scenarios
- Coaches – we’ll assign you an executive coach to help develop your core skills and growth mindset on a one-to-one basis
- Mentors – access to our panel of business mentors for advice and support on projects
- ‘Inspiration sessions’ – monthly evening fireside and panel chats with industry experts in which successful entrepreneurs share their honest experiences (we link these exclusive cohort events to our learning programme cycle content)
- Alumni network – meet and engage with our supportive and vast NEF Alumni network
NEF+ also provides wider engagement and networking opportunities for your senior teams, including:
- dedicated networking events with other scaleup leaders, hosted by a combination of CFE, and our donors
- speaking opportunities at NEF+ events
- promotion and PR opportunities
why use NEF+ to support your talent development?
Our research has identified some clear patterns in the challenges talented employees face. We’ve tailored NEF+ to address these needs.
The scaleups who will benefit most from our programme:
- are forward-thinking and innovative
- have hired 20+ people, growing fast, and they have a strong focus on developing talent and the future of the business
- are searching for ways to develop bright people within their teams. Team players who also show great potential for internal leadership roles
To you, success means:
- accelerating the development of some of your most promising team members
- enabling employees to apply critical thinking to business challenges and lead others as you scale
- relieving the pressure of the founders currently spending time focusing on these areas
The employees you put forward:
- are bright and entrepreneurial
- have a growth mindset and are looking to expand their current knowledge and remit within your business
- are promising individuals that have lacked the exposure to resources and mentors to allow them to level up
- may not yet have the business or leadership experience needed to become part of a leadership team.
Our programme offers your employee:
- a broad understanding of all business areas
- access to developing their leadership skills
- inspiration from other industries and peers
- critical problem-solving abilities
- an opportunity to feel more empowered
- a renewed sense of motivation to the long-term commitment of growing your businesses with you