The CFE Refugee Entrepreneurship Network (REN) is a global community working to improve the scale and impact of refugee entrepreneurship programmes. It brings together practitioners, philanthropic foundations, researchers, academics, corporates and investors.
Entrepreneurship empowers refugees. It gives them the opportunity to take direct control over their lives and overcome barriers they face in the labour market. Refugee entrepreneurs also have a proven record of breaking down barriers between communities and facilitating the integration of newly arrived groups into society.
In recent years, ‘refugee entrepreneurship programmes’ have launched around the world to harness the power of entrepreneurship for refugee integration. It is these organisations that we seek to support and scale globally.
Since launching in 2018, the Refugee Entrepreneurship Network has:
- Facilitated best practice exchange and networking through three annual summits, regular video conference workshops, and online collaboration tools.
- Mapped the structure, funding, content, and impact of 52 programmes run by 39 organisations across 19 countries.
- Collated global resources and crowdsourced expert feedback on a range of research projects.
- Delivered UK and global advocacy campaigns to promote refugee entrepreneurship and increase the scale and impact of support available.
There are two types of membership for the network:
- Full membership: For practitioner organisations delivering refugee entrepreneurship programmes.
- Associate membership: For refugee entrepreneurs, universities and research institutes, grant-making foundations, corporates, government departments and agencies, banks, investors and other finance providers that are actively working to support refugee entrepreneurs.
If you have an interest in the topic but are not actively working in the field, you can become a supporter and receive bi-monthly newsletters providing global insight on refugee entrepreneurship developments.