The Refugee Entrepreneurship Network
• real-time best practice exchange via online collaboration tools;
• annual summit, year-round events and workshops;
• ongoing research revealing the impact of refugee entrepreneurship;
• outreach to policymakers, international actors and the public.
The CFE Refugee Entrepreneurship Network (REN) is a global community working to improve the scale and impact of refugee entrepreneurship programmes. It brings together the practitioners, philanthropic foundations, researchers, academics and investors that actively support refugee entrepreneurship.
Entrepreneurship offers newcomers a unique pathway to integration. It allows economic independence; boosts self-confidence; and brings communities together in harmonious cooperation.
Refugees have been found to display key traits for business success, from high confidence to strong risk-awareness, and they have gone on to start countless companies around the world enriching their host countries.
The Centre’s research shows that if entrepreneurship training was made available to all interested Syrian refugees coming to the UK by 2020, we could save £170m in resettlement costs, create 600 businesses and 900 jobs – all with an initial investment of £4.8m.
Recognising these facts, dozens of programmes have launched around the world since the Syrian crisis, to support refugees through business. The CFE Refugee Entrepreneurship Network accelerates their important work through peer-to-peer support, best practice sharing, research and campaigns.
• building a positive narrative around refugees by highlighting their entrepreneurial capabilities;
• accelerating the social integration of refugees in their host communities through business:
• economically empowering refugees through entrepreneurship;
• equipping global actors – refugee incubators, governments, IOs, corporates and philanthropists– with the know-how, evidence and resources to support refugees through entrepreneurship.
31 October 2019 | Refugee Entrepreneurship Summit
The Centre for Entrepreneurs, supported by NatWest, is hosting the 2nd annual Refugee Entrepreneurship Summit.
Following the successful inaugural summit last November with 80 attendees from 20 countries, this year the Centre is convening 140 people for an action-packed day of knowledge exchange, networking and collaboration.
15-18 April 2019 | Global Entrepreneurship Congress
The Centre for Entrepreneurs hosted a session on refugee entrepreneurship at the Global Entrepreneurship Congress 2019 in Bahrain.
Refugee Entrepreneurship Programme Survey | Summer 2019
The Centre for Entrepreneur and FAIRE (Fund for Action and Innovation by Refugee Entrepreneurs) have launched the first-ever global refugee entrepreneurship programme survey.
This research will help understand the state of refugee entrepreneurship programmes globally, by examining the structure, funding, programme content, challenges and impact of incubators currently operating.