The week in entrepreneurship
Your weekly summary of entrepreneurship news, comment, and features. Sent by the Centre for Entrepreneurs (home of StartUp Britain). Sign up here. Read the original newsletter here.
- Giving Uber drivers “worker” status is bad news for passengers, the gig economy and drivers themselves (Sam Dumitriu, head of projects, Adam Smith Institute)
- Reaction to Airbnb shows London is still a friend to innovation (Rohan Silva, co-founder, Second Home)
- Why are immigrants more entrepreneurial? (Peter Vandore, senior researcher, Social Entrepreneurship Centre, WU Vienna and Nikolaus Franke, prof of entrepreneurship and innovation, WU Vienna)
- Britain’s tech sector is a world leader – and its future is brighter than ever (Greg Hands MP, international trade minister)
- Can “brand Britain” propel UK entrepreneurs to post-Brexit success? (Trever Clawson, contributor, Forbes)