CFE launches incubation network
The Centre for Entrepreneurs has launched a network to connect Britain’s incubators and accelerators – a group of over 350 business support programmes that collectively support over 7,000 entrepreneurs per year.
The Incubator and Accelerator Network will work with its members to increase the scale and impact of their programmes so more entrepreneurs across the UK have access to high quality business support.
The network is sponsored by NatWest, which will host the inaugural conference in its London conference centre in February 2018.
- Budget could end valuable tax breaks for investors (FT highlights potential Budget crackdown on EIS and IHT relief on AIM shares)
- 600,000 small firms could be hit by VAT hike (Daily Mail highlights potential lowering of VAT threshold in Budget following an Office for Tax Simplification report)
- Uber loses appeal in landmark UK case of its drivers’ employment rights(Business Insider)
- Seedrs launches “digital alternative” to the Enterprise Investment Scheme(Startups.co.uk)
- 80% of Brits have thought about starting their own business (London Loves Business covers Hays survey)
- The startups most likely to succeed have technical founders who quickly hire business people (Martin Murmann, researcher, Centre for European Research, Mannheim)
- You can rebalance regions or boost productivity. But you can’t do both(Deigo Zuluaga, head of financial services and tech policy, Institute of Economic Affairs)
- The boys can keep their dingy old members’ clubs, us women have our own (Debbei Wosskow, co-founder and chair, AllBright)
- I pay my workers the London Living wage and so should you (Rohan Silva, co-founder, Second Home)
- Here’s how unicorns trick you into thinking they’re real (Julie Verhage, reporter, Bloomberg)
- Are businesses falling out of love with influencers? Hazel Davis, freelance journalist)
- Nominations are now open for the 45th Veuve Clicquot Business Woman Awards. It is the first and longest-running international award created specifically to recognise the contribution that women have made to business life.
Read more about the awards. Submit a nomination
- This week’s winners:
- Startups.co.uk: Global Entrepreneurship Week 2017: The events you won’t want to miss
- Forbes: The Midas List Europe: Meet the 25 best venture capitalists in Europe
- Business Insider: The top 35 startups in the UK, according to LinkedIn
- FT: Meet Eric Ries – reluctant startup guru who sparked a movement
- Wired: The end of the cult of the founder