CFE launches annual lecture
On November 27th 2018, former Google CEO and Alphabet executive chairman Eric Schmidt will deliver the inaugural Centre for Entrepreneurs Annual Lecture. This flagship new initiative of the Centre will provide a prestigious global platform for founders and business leaders to speak about the positive impact entrepreneurs have on society.
In our first lecture, Eric will explore the challenges and opportunities entrepreneurs face with artificial intelligence.
To learn more visit: http://www2.centreforentrepreneurs.org/annual-lecture/
- Tax cut for self-employed workers scrapped (BBC)
- Trade taskforce launched to increase UK business competitive advantage(gov.uk)
- Quick-fix team called in to tackle business rates (Telegraph)
- Terms like ‘mumpreneur’ and ‘lipstick entrepreneur’ are putting off women starting a business (Business Advice covers APPG Entrepreneurship report that reinforces CFE’s research on women entrepreneurs)
- Is the lean startup dead? (Steve Blank)
- How sovereign wealth funds are inflating the Silicon Valley bubble (Robyn Klinger-Vidra, lecturer, King’s College London and Juergen Braunstein, postdoctoral fellow, Harvard Kennedy School)
- Y Combinator learns basic income is not so basic after all (Nitasha Tiku, senior writer, Wired)
- Not enough people are paying attention to this economic trend (Bill Gates reviews ‘Capitalism without capital’)
- What Silicon Valley still gets wrong about innovation (Vivek Wadhwa, distinguished fellow, Harvard Law School)