Your weekly summary of entrepreneurship news, comment, and features. Sent by the Centre for Entrepreneurs (home of StartUp Britain). Sign up here.
News in brief
- Albion Ventures has released its third annual Albion Growth Report (pdf).
- Millennial entrepreneurs may be delusional, report finds (The Telegraph)
- Britain’s young entrepreneurs most confident about growth prospects (Startups.co.uk)
- Sheffield named second ‘Northern Powerhouse’ (The Guardian)
- Self-employed businesses now exempt from health and safety rules (Business Zone)
- John Lewis reveals JLAB winner – but invests in all finalists (Tech City News)
Opinion in brief
- Jeremy Corbyn says he backs growth firms – time will tell what his values mean in practice (Simon Walker, director general, IOD)
- My advice to Germany: Scrap rules for real Vorsprung durch Technik (James Dyson)
- Is Web Summit a scam? Well, if you have to ask… (Robin Wauters, editor, Tech.eu)
- Gentrification doesn’t have to be a dirty word for business (Kim Thomas, freelance journalist)
- We should hail innovative Uber, not put the brakes on progress (Dido Harding, chief executive, Talk Talk)